UncategorizedCSAA Update 7-27-20

July 27, 2020

The CSAA continues to follow COVID-19 developments from the Governor’s office and updates from health authorities regarding sports and activities. Final CSAA fall decisions will be made with significant input from our Board of Directors, our parish AD’s (with direction from Pastors’) and school attendance decisions. Additionally, the KHSAA has an important meeting tomorrow that should provide updated information. We will continue to use current KHSAA information to assist us in this process.

Due to current information that indicates outdoor sports are safer than indoor sports we are looking at the possibility of hosting a CSAA Field Hockey and/or Soccer league this fall. This is under consideration only if other sports are canceled due to COVID-19 restrictions. Additionally, these sports would be organized only if they can be played while adhering to current or future safety guidelines and restrictions. CSAA Football, Cross Country, and Volleyball (indoor) are all still pending and if forced to cancel we would make every effort to do a modified spring season for these sports.

We have received letters from a few parishes stating they have elected not to participate in any fall CSAA sports in 2020. The CSAA still hopes to have some fall sports and will continue to communicate information out as practical. If we are fortunate enough to host leagues in any sports this fall, we will handle all necessary mergers through the CSAA office with input from our individual sport directors.

CSAA

Copyright Catholic Schools Athletic Association – 2020

tg